The Interactive Teach-back Learning Module has two parts:
- It describes teach-back and demonstrates its effectiveness as a health literacy intervention to improve patient-provider communication.
- Video and interactive self-assessment questions enhance, confirm, and reinforce your ability to use teach-back and integrate it into your clinical practice.
The Module takes about 45 minutes, and enables you to identify and practice key aspects of teach-back. You will follow a patient’s experience from hospital discharge through the home health and primary care follow-up settings:
- Introduction, description, and demonstration of ideal use of teach-back.
- Teach-back during hospital discharge.
- Teach-back during a home health visit.
- Teach-back at primary care physician follow-up.
- Tying it all together to Always Use Teach-back!